Weathervane Golf CourseOne of the South Shore's Best Places for a Round
A Fine Course Alongside Luxury Living
The Weathervane Golf Club is just over 3,000 yards, a par 36 course that necklaces around The Village of Weathervane, an active adult community, conveniently located in South Weymouth, moments from Route 3. This course was originally designed by Cornish, Silva and Mungeam and as land was added the design was enhanced by Howard Maurer, Maurer Design. Built by the J.F. Price Company, great care was taken to work with the natural lay of the land and with consideration of the surrounding environment and wildlife. “This course was a labor of love for us, but well worth it,” Jim Bristol, The Weathervane Golf Club President of Golf Operations, explained. “Our team of designers, course superintendent Mike West and our skilled construction staff welcomed the opportunity to ready The Weathervane Golf Club for its initial opening in April 2010.
Built by a nine-hole golf course, the Villages at Weathervane is a 55-plus community where golf carts are abundant, but children are not — those under 18 must live elsewhere. Phase one of this condo development features 119 units of freestanding mostly Cape-style homes.
- Quality craftsmanship and fantastic use of space, with high ceilings & lots of natural light.
- Custom cabinet kitchens, stainless steel appliances and granite counters
- Open dining/living area with built-ins & gas log fireplaces
- Spacious first floor master suites and a bright & inviting sunroom.
- Many with 2nd floor open loft areas and private suites for visiting family with a spacious 2nd bedroom, adjoining bonus room/bedroom, and a full bath.